Renting your property rather than selling it, continues to prove itself as a great investment. Especially with the millennial generation choosing to rent rather than purchase, in huge numbers. Of note: scroll down to watch CPA and Attorney Mark J. Kohler discuss five reasons why you should buy rental real estate.
Millennials are set to outspend baby boomers making them the largest generational segment, with more buying power. However, what sets millennials apart is the fact that they rather spend on experiences over tangible items. Millennials have steady cash flow but little accumulated wealth. This creates a unique issue for the traditional business model of mortgage banks.
Millennial consumers do not feel the need to collect trophies and have their purchases define them the way baby boomers did. Instead, they collect memories from unique experiences. And with the ease and comfort of online shopping, and vastly popular websites such as Rent The Runway or Bag, Borrow and Steal, renting luxury instead of acquiring it, has become the standard.
Owning is not as important as it once was. Therefore, rental demand and profits are strong and growing stronger. In addition to:
– Renting can save you from taking a loss in a down market.
– Enjoy long-term equity and profit.
– Cashflow from renting property is recession-proof.
– Tax benefits often outweigh a small one time profit from selling.
Potential Tax Deductions include:
– Maintenance costs including Paint, plumbing, drywall and replacing doors, locks or broken windows.
– Depreciation, Travel & Legal Fees.
– Interest on your mortgage or credit cards used for management purposes.
– NestQuest Management Fees.
– You can deduct up to $25,000 in losses if your adjusted gross income is $100,000 or less.
– You can deduct some of the lost value that occurs on a property through depreciation.
Always consult your tax professional.
Our comprehensive technology backed tenant match system typically matches a highly qualified tenant in only 20 days on average. In addition your PROprietor will:
Execute a comprehensive credit and background check, prepare and assist with all lease documents, inspections and accompany all prospective tenants through your property.
We know rentals and we know your market. From marketing and management to maintaining and finding tenants, we guarantee a worry free, total comfort experience.
What Happens Next?
– We list and market your property within 24 hours of signing our agreement.
– We begin showing your property, providing you with weekly updates.
– We conduct background checks on prospective tenants, then present them to you.
– You choose and approve your tenant — we write up a lease.
– You sit back and enjoy the rental income while NestQuest takes care of everything.